Zinfandel Salad DressingFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups Zinfandel divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick about 3 inches long shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt shopping list
- 2 Anjou pears peeled and cored shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup canola oil shopping list
How to make it
- Combine 3/4 cup Zinfandel, sugar, cinnamon stick, pepper and salt in a small pan and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer very slowly until liquid thickens and becomes similar to a syrup approximately 1 hour.
- Add pears and return syrup to a simmer.
- Spoon liquid over pears or turn frequently.
- Pears are done when they are soft and easily pierced with a fork about 45 minutes.
- Remove pears from the syrup and store in a covered container.
- Reserve the poaching liquid to finish the vinaigrette.
- Combine remaining 3/4 cup wine and reserved Zinfandel syrup and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce mixture by two-thirds.
- You should end up with about one-third cup.
- It should be thick and syrupy.
- Transfer mixture into a stainless steel bowl and whisk in mustard and vinegar.
- While continuously whisking very slowly stream in canola oil.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!