Gingerbread Man CookiesFrom mountainmama 7 years ago
- 5 to 5 ½ cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons powdered ginger shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1 cup solid vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups unsulphured molasses* shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Thoroughly mix flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Melt shortening in large saucepan. Cool slightly. Add sugar, molasses and eggs; mix well. Add four cups of the dry ingredients and mix again.
- Turn mixture onto lightly floured surface. Knead in remaining dry ingredients by hand. Add a little more flour, if necessary, to make the dough firm. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to a 1/4 inch thickness and cut out cookies.
- Bake 6-10 minutes for small to medium size cookies and 10-15 minutes for large cookies.
- If you´re not going to use your gingerbread right away, wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate. Refrigerated dough will keep for a week, but be sure to remove it 3 hours prior to rolling so it softens and is workable.
- *Substitute 1 1/4 cups light corn syrup for molasses to make Blonde Gingerbread.
- Recipe may be doubled.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
- Not added to any groups yet!