Gluten Free LadyfingersFrom peetabear 8 years ago
- ¼ Cup sorghum flour shopping list
- ¼ Cup + 1 Tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- ¼ Cup tapioca flour shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon guar gum shopping list
- 1/8 Teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 eggs, separated shopping list
- ½ Cup + 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1 ½ Teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- ½ Cup confectioners’ sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Line two jellyroll baking sheets with either parchment paper or two silpats and set aside. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk the egg yolks with 1/2 cup sugar to the ribbon and then stir in the vanilla. Beat the egg whites until stiff, add the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and whisk for about 30 seconds more, making sure the egg whites cast off a nice glossy sheen.
- In three separate batches, sprinkle the sifted dry ingredients over the egg whites and gently fold in. Repeat with the egg yolk mixture. Spoon your batter into a pastry bag fitted with a 1” plain pastry tip.
- Pipe fingers that are about 4 ½ inches long. Dust the tops with confectioners’ sugar and bake for 20 minutes or until the ladyfingers are a pale copper color and firm on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Makes 1 dozen ladyfingers.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating2 people
I love lady fingers, I make them at the bakery, they are good anytime, I think this is a good gluten free recipe.magali777 in Mexico loved it