Scrambled Tofu with Veggie SausageFrom wildjoy 7 years ago
- 1 14-ounce block firm tofu shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons diced red bell pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons diced green bell pepper shopping list
- 1/2 onion diced shopping list
- 2 vegan sausage patties, or 5 links, crumbled shopping list
- 3 red potatoes cooked and diced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a large frying pan heat oil until hot. Add peppers, onion, sausage and potatoes. Saute for 5-7 minutes on medium heat until onions are tender.
- Push sauted veggies and sausage to one side of the frying pan.
- Crumble tofu into the other side of the frying pan. Add turmeric, salt and pepper and stir to coat. Stir seasoned tofu into cooked mixture. Heat through, stirring frequently for 2-3 minutes. Serve.
The Cookwildjoy Valley Springs, CA
The Rating1 people
Tofu can be a little bland, however, your recipe has the right solution: peppers and turmeric. Great vegan recipe! (I am not vegan, however, I do have friends that are, so this would be a great way to entertain them)elgab89 in Toronto loved it