Chicken Cacciatore Rustic StewFrom mountainmama 7 years ago
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, about 1 1/2 pounds shopping list
- coarse salt and ground pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 pound mushrooms, trimmed and quartered shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
How to make it
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large (5-quart) saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, heat oil over medium-high heat; swirl to coat bottom of pan. Cook chicken, turning when it easily releases from the pan, until golden, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add mushrooms; cover, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, tomatoes, and oregano. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, until tomatoes have broken down, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Return chicken and any accumulated juices to pan; cover, and cook until chicken is opaque throughout, 4 to 6 minutes. Turn chicken to coat with sauce, and serve.