Walnut Pear Coffee CakeFrom henrie 8 years ago
- walnut pear Coffee cake1/2 cup(1 stick) butter, at room temp. shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1-2 large Bosc or red bartlett pear, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice Crisp Topping: shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Butter a 9-inch springform or square baking pan.
- Cream the butter and granulated sugar until blended, beat in the vanilla and egg until light. Stir flour, baking powder, soda and salt together and add to the creamed mixture along with the sour cream, blending well. Spread the batter in the prepared pan and sprinkle the pears over evenly and press them into the batter slightly. Mix the topping ingredients until blended and crumbly and sprinkle over the pears.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the top is browned and it tests done. Cool and cut into squares.
- Makes one 9-inch round or square cake.