Salmon Tacos With Roasted Corn and Chili Adobo CreamFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 4 to 5 ears sweet corn shopping list
- 1/2 medium red onion shopping list
- 1 medium red or yellow bell pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2pounds skinless salmon fillet, preferably center-cut and about 3/4-inch thick (pin bones removed) shopping list
- 4 medium whole-wheat flour tortillas shopping list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons canned chipotle chili peppers in adobo shopping list
- 4 ounces goat cheese (chevre) or fromage blanc, preferably close to room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk shopping list
- Sliced avocado, cucumber and cherry tomatoes, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Have ready a 9-by-13-inch Pyrex baking dish.
- Cut the corn kernels from the ears of corn, letting them fall into the baking dish (there should be about 3 cups).
- Cut the onion into small dice and add to the baking dish.
- Stem, seed and core the bell pepper, then cut the flesh into small dice and add as well.
- Drizzle the vegetables with 1 tablespoon of the oil; season with salt and pepper to taste and stir to coat evenly.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the corn has browned slightly and the mixture is fragrant.
- While the vegetables are in the oven, heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Brush the salmon on both sides with the remaining tablespoon of oil and cook for 5 minutes, until a slight crust forms on the bottom, then use a fish spatula to turn it over carefully and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on the desired degree of doneness.
- About 5 minutes before serving, stack the tortillas and wrap them in aluminum foil; place in the oven to warm up.
- Finely chop the chipotle chili peppers in adobo and place in a medium bowl (plus any of their sauce), then add the goat cheese or fromage blanc and buttermilk; mix well.
- To serve, transfer the tortillas to a clean dish towel to keep them warm at the table. Divide the salmon into 4 equal portions and place on a platter, along with the chili adobo cream, the roasted vegetables and other garnishes, for assembly.
- That's it! Enjoy!
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating7 people
A great way to serve salmon. There is a reason that I love your recipes. Originality. I would never had thought to combine these flavors in this unique way.
Thank you for being my cooking friend, and submitting such recipes as this one. *...moretilgidh in Blackshear loved it
Good one Jm and as always a 55555 from me!! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
I love Salmon and this recipe really interesting in Mexican style...Your photo really beautiful, flagged it! ;)tanwiratchada in Bangkok loved it