Paula Deens Sausage And Grits CasseroleFrom cardinal54 5 years ago
- 1 cup uncooked grits shopping list
- 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage (if you need to use links, finely dice the cooked links) shopping list
- 1 cup onion, diced shopping list
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans green chilies, drained and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 10 drops Tabasco sauce, optional shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Cook the grits in 4 cups of salted water until done (follow package directions)
- Saute the sausage and onions, breaking the sausage into small pieces.
- Drain the grease from the sausage and onions.
- Add the chilies, butter, eggs, cheese and Tabasco to the cooked grits.
- Combine the sausage and onions with the grits mixture.
- Pour everything into a 9"x 13" casserole and garnish with the paprika and parsley.
- The mixture can be refrigerated for up to two days before baking (bring to room temperature before baking to use the same bake time).
- Bake at 325°F for one (1) hour.
- This also freezes well.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookcardinal54 Cuthbert, GA
The Rating4 people
tastey high5 recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This was a tasty dish, but it was was really runny and didn't hold together at all. Any ideas on what I could do differently next time to improve the presentation and create a firmer dish?aihfl in loved it