Sicilian Sweet and Sour PeppersFrom docjoe 6 years ago
- 4 large red bell peppers, seeded and cut into thick strips (3/4" x 4") shopping list
- 4 Tbl. extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 Tbl. pine nuts, toasted shopping list
- 3 Tbl. raisins (golden preferred, but use what you have), plumped in warm water, drained. shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced shopping list
- 1 cup white wine vinegar shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Add the garlic and cook briefly until softened.
- Add the peppers and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add salt to taste and cook 5 minutes more.
- Remove the peppers from the skillet (leaving any juices behind), and set aside.
- Add the vinegar to the pan and deglaze the pan stirring frequently, add the sugar (careful, this splatters).
- When most of the vinegar has evaporated, add the peppers, Raisins and pine nuts back to the skillet.
- Cook for about 2 - 3 minutes more and remove from heat.
- Let the peppers come to room temperture, place in a serving dish.
The Cookdocjoe Davie, FL
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!