Grilled Zucchini with Fresh MozzarellaFrom brokenrhino 8 years ago
- 3 zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- salt shopping list
- Fresh-ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley shopping list
- 1/2 pound salted fresh mozzarella, cut into thick slices shopping list
How to make it
- Light the grill or heat the broiler. In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, toss the zucchini with 1 tablespoon of the oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Grill or broil the zucchini, turning once, until tender and golden, about 5 minutes per side. Put the zucchini back in the bowl.
- Toss the zucchini with 1/2 tablespoon of the oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, the vinegar, garlic, and parsley. Let cool.
- Put the mozzarella slices on a serving plate, fanning them out to form a circle. Drizzle them with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil and sprinkle them with a pinch of pepper. Fold the zucchini slices in half and tuck them between the pieces of cheese.
People Who Like This Dish 25
The Cookbrokenrhino Livonia, MI
The Rating5 people
Yummy recipe! Cooked it tonight, but I only had shredded mozzarella, rather than the sliced, but it still came out wonderful!riverred in Toledo loved it
Delicious! One of my guests went back for more... three times! lol Thanks.MamaEryn in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!