Glazed Blackberry PieFrom midgelet 6 years ago
How to make it
- Prep time does not include 3 hour chilling time
- Place 2 cups blackberries in pastry shell; set aside.
- In a saucepan, crush 1 cup berries.
- Add 3/4 cup water.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Press berries through a sieve.
- Set juice aside and discard pulp.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in remaining water and reserved juice until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in food coloring if desired.
- Pour half of the glaze over berries in pastry shell.
- Stir remaining berries into remaining glaze; carefully spoon over filling.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
- Garnish with whipped topping.
- Refrigerate leftovers.