Paula Deens Potato Crusted Ham QuicheFrom cardinal54 8 years ago
- 1 cup Smithfield ham, fully cooked and chopped (any ham will work, except Smithfield country ham, which is too salty) shopping list
- 2 cups of potatoes, raw and shredded shopping list
- 1/4 cup onion, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 eggs, separated shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 3/4 cup smoked gouda cheese, grated shopping list
- 1 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray quiche pan with non-stick cooking spray. In a medium bowl mix the potatoes, onion, pepper, chives, 1 beaten egg and salt and pepper to taste.
- Press potato mixture evenly into crust shape up the side and on the bottom of the pan and spray again.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned on edges.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the two cheeses.
- Remove the crust from oven and layer the following: ham first, and then cheese mixture on top.
- In a bowl, beat together evaporated milk, 2 eggs, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture on top of cheese and return to oven.
- Bake about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the pie comes out clean.
- Allow to cool at least five minutes.