Chocolate Orange-Cola CakeFrom mountainmama 7 years ago
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) devil's food cake mix shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups cola shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon orange extract shopping list
- chocolate-COVERED STRAWBERRIES: shopping list
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 teaspoon shortening shopping list
- 12 fresh strawberries shopping list
- FROSTING: shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons instant chocolate drink mix shopping list
- 1/4 cup cola shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, cola, oil and extract. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Wash strawberries and pat dry. Dip each strawberry into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Frost cake. Garnish each serving with a chocolate-covered strawberry. Yield: 12 servings. Editor's Note: Diet cola is not recommended for this recipe.