Cape Malay Yellow RiceFrom capedread 7 years ago
- 1 cup long grain white rice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric shopping list
- 3 tablespoons white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup black raisins shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups water shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, combine the rice, salt, turmeric, sugar, cinnamon, raisins, butter and water.
- Bring to a boil uncovered.
- When it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and let it simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until rice is fluffy and water has been absorbed. Remove from the heat and fluff with a fork.
- Keep warm until serving time.