Lemon BarsFrom moongirl 8 years ago
- Preheat oven 350 degrees shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- powdered sugar (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Beat margarine with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add 1/4 cup of the sugar. Beat until combined. Beat in the 1 cup flour until crumbly. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 8x8x2-inch baking pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven to 15 to 18 minutes or just until golden.
- Meanwhile, combine eggs, the remaining sugar, the 2 tablespoons flour, lemon peel, juice, and baking powder. Beat for 2 minutes or until thoroughly combined. Pour over hot baked layer.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven about 20 minutes more or till lightly browned around the edges and center is set. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, sift powdered sugar over the top. Cut into bars.
The Cookmoongirl Glen Rock, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!