Bread PuddingFrom munchy 6 years ago
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbs cinnamon shopping list
- 5 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 (1lb) loaf of sourdough or white bread, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 lb American cheese, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup either raisins, dried cranberries or cherries shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- heavy cream, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Stir in water; bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in butter; reduce heat and simmer uncovered 15 mins.
- Butter a 13x9" baking dish. Arrange one-third of bread in bottom of dish, tearing to fit. Top with half of sliced cheese, raisins and pecans.
- Repeat layering with one-third of bread, remaining cheese, raisins and pecans. Top with remaining bread; press down firmly. Pour hot syrup over bread; press down on bread with a spatula so that bread is coated with syrup.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil. Bake in a 350º oven for 45 mins. Uncover; continue baking 15 mins longer. Serve warm or at room temperature with cream, if desired.
The Cookmunchy Souderton, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!