Lemon Pudding CakesFrom coffeebean 7 years ago
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 large eggs, separated shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup skim milk shopping list
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- fresh raspberries or blackberries for serving. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray six 6-ounce ramekins with vegatable oil spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the sugar with the flour.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the butter until well blended.
- Whisk in the milk, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Pour the lemon mixture into the sugar mixture and whisk until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites with the salt until firm peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the lemon mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared ramekins and transfer them to a small roasting pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and pour in enough hot water to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake the pudding cakes for 35 minutes or until they are puffy and golden on top.
- Using tongs, transfer the ramekins to a rack to cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve the cakes in the ramekins or run a knife around the edge of each cake and unmold onto plates.
- Serve warm or at room termperature with the berries.
- The lemon pudding cakes can be refrigerated for 2 days.
- Source: "Food & Wine", June 2007