Creamy Cabbage PuddingFrom mysterix 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F).
- Blanch chopped cabbage into a boiling bath of water for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Lightly spray a medium baking dish with non-stick or oil spray.
- Spread half of the blanched cabbage in a thin layer over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle small amounts of nutmeg, salt, and pepper over the cabbage.
- Spread cubed bread in a second layer over cabbage, and dot with butter.
- Top with second half of blanched cabbage, seasoning as done in the first layer.
- (Repeat with additional bread and cabbage if scaling the recipe up.)
- Pour milk evenly over layered pudding, cover with foil and place into the oven.
- Bake covered at 180 C (350 F) for 20 minutes, then uncovered for 10 minutes, or until top layer just begins to brown and milk is absorbed.
- Serve hot.
- Nutrition: 113 Cals; 5.2g Fat, 1.2g Saturated Fat; 3mg Cholesterol; 291mg Sodium; 13.8g Carbs; 3.3g Dietary Fiber; 7.5g Sugars; 4.2g Protein; 9% Vitamin A; 13% Calcium; 76% Vitamin C; 5% Iron
People Who Like This Dish 4
- yardsailor Seekonk, MA
- morninlite Kalamazoo, US
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- mysterix Adelaide, Australia - Not USA Anymore!, MD
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔