Boneless Buffalo WingsFrom mountainmama 5 years ago
- 3 tablespoons nonfat buttermilk shopping list
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar divided shopping list
- 2 pounds chicken tenders shopping list
- 6 tablespoons whole-wheat flour shopping list
- 6 tablespoons cornmeal shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons canola oil divided shopping list
- 2 cups peeled carrot sticks shopping list
- 2 cups celery sticks shopping list
- Spicy blue cheese Dip (see recipe link above) shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk buttermilk, 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce and 2 tablespoons vinegar in a large bowl until combined. Add chicken; toss to coat. Transfer to the refrigerator and let marinate for at least 10 minutes or up to 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, whisk flour and cornmeal in a shallow dish. Whisk the remaining 1 tablespoon hot sauce and 1 tablespoon vinegar in a small bowl.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and roll in the flour mixture until evenly coated. (Discard remaining marinade and flour mixture). Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with cayenne.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken, placing each in a little oil. Cook until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a serving platter. Repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and chicken, reducing the heat if necessary. Transfer to the platter. Drizzle the chicken with the reserved hot sauce mixture. Serve with carrots, celery and Spicy Blue Cheese Dip.
- Spicy Blue Cheese Dip
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup, for 8 servings
- Make this your dip for Boneless Buffalo Wings and crunchy vegetables instead of a higher-fat blue cheese dressing. We've added a generous amount of cayenne pepper for fans of hot wings—omit the cayenne if you're serving this to a less spicy crowd.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Whisk sour cream, blue cheese, vinegar and cayenne in a small bowl.