Caramelized Chili Basa FilletFrom mysterix 5 years ago
How to make it
- Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil and conservatively coat with non-stick or oil spray.
- Lightly sprinkle salt over greased foil then squeeze scattered drops of lemon juice across the surface, and lay fish fillets on the prepared broiler pan.
- Gently massage one teaspoon of minced garlic into each fillet.
- Baste each fillet generously with sweet chili sauce.
- Broil under low flame until both fillets turn fleshy and white, and the sweet chili sauce browns and caramelizes overtop the fish.
- Excellent when served with Sweet & Spicy Pan-Fried Pumpkin!
- Note: A few folks have asked about Sweet Chili Sauce--It's a sugary/spicy red chili sauce from Thailand. You can find it most American/Canadian stores in the Asian aisle under the brand names "Thai Kitchen" or "Taste of Thai." Aussies and Brits should be familiar with this sauce.
- Nutrition: 128 Cals; 1.8g Fat; .5g Saturated Fat; 50mg Cholesterol; 326mg Sodium; 10g Carbs; 9.1g Sugars; 15.9g Protein; 2% Vitamin A; 2% Calcium; 2% Vitamin C; 3% Iron
The Cookmysterix Adelaide, Australia - Not USA Anymore!, MD
The Rating1 people
Wonderful recipe! I think that Basa is one of the most under-rated fish. It has beautiful texture, great taste and as you mentioned it is very inexpensive to boot. I will try your method the next time I make Basa.toleliz in Burlington loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!