Harvest Moon CabbageFrom mysterix 7 years ago
- 6 cups green cabbage, chopped shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, sliced shopping list
- 2 medium granny smith apples, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup beef broth (substitute veggie broth or apple juice & water blend for vegetarians) shopping list
- allspice shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Warm the beef broth in a medium pot, over low heat.
- While the broth is working up to a simmer, slice carrots into rounds (peeling is optional), and core and chop the apples, which are best if the peel is left intact.
- Add carrots and apples to the broth and allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- During simmering, chop the cabbage coursely and add to the pot.
- Sprinkle mixture with allspice, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Continue to simmer, covering the pot, until cabbage begins to tenderize.
- Uncover and reduce liquids until the cabbage has softened to prefered texture.
- Nutrition: 80 Cals; 0.5g Fat; 209mg Sodium; 18.9g Carbs; 5.2g Dietary Fiber; 12.1g Sugars; 2.4g Protein; 105% Vitamin A; 6% Calcium; 73% Vitamin C; 4% Iron