Southeast Asian Shrimp Grapefruit SaladFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1-1/2 pounds raw shrimp in shells shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar shopping list
- juice of 2 limes shopping list
- 6 cups lettuce washed and dried shopping list
- 2 grapefruit peeled and sectioned and each section cut in half. shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped mint shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts shopping list
How to make it
- Put shrimp in saucepan with salted water to cover then bring to boil and turn off heat.
- Allow to sit 5 minutes then cool in refrigerator or under cold running water then peel.
- Combine fish sauce with 2 tablespoons water, sugar and lime juice then whisk until smooth.
- Arrange lettuce on 4 plates then top each portion with a few grapefruit pieces.
- Add some shrimp, mint and cilantro then drizzle with dressing.
- Sprinkle with the minced chilies and chopped peanuts.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
This recipe sounds fabulous to me. Grapefruit is my favorite citris. Thanks.... jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
So nice. Thanks and you were rated a five.bizzielizzie in Orillia loved it
You got my 5. Grapefuit season is nearly here isn't it? Remember I'm in Minnesota, we don't have very many grapefruit trees. They're pretty much like snipes around here. L.lasaf in St. Paul loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!