Sour Cream Lemon Cake DoughnutsFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour divided use shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups cake flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon mace shopping list
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast shopping list
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest shopping list
- 2 quarts canola oil shopping list
How to make it
- Dust a large baking pan with 1/4 cup flour.
- Cover a large portion of counter top with wax paper or paper towels and top with cooling rack.
- Place sour cream in small mixing bowl over hot water until sour cream is warm to the touch.
- Set aside.
- Combine 2 cups flour, cake flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and mace.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients then place yeast in well.
- Pour warm sour cream over yeast and let sit 1 minute.
- Whisk together buttermilk, eggs, lemon extract and zest then add to dry ingredients.
- By hand using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula gradually draw flour mixture into egg mixture.
- Continue stirring until all flour is incorporated.
- Dough will be very sticky.
- Sift 1/8 cup remaining flour onto clean work surface and turn out dough.
- Sift another 1/8 cup flour over dough then using hands pate dough to 1" thickness.
- Using a doughnut cutter cut out the doughnuts dipping cutter in flour before each cut.
- Transfer doughnuts to prepared pan then allow to rest 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in large deep fryer at 375.
- Transfer 4 doughnuts to hot oil and fry 1-1/2 minutes per side.
- Using a slotted spoon transfer cooked doughnuts to cooling rack.
- Repeat process until all doughnuts are cooked.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!