Raspberry Orange Vinaigrette With Wild Rice SaladFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1-1/3 cups sun dried apricots cut in fourths shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sun dried peaches chopped shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries shopping list
- 3/4 cup orange flavored liqueur shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups wild rice well rinsed shopping list
- 6-3/4 cups chicken broth divided use shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 2 cups long grain white rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh chervil leaves coarsely chopped shopping list
- Vinaigrette: shopping list
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1 heaping tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries shopping list
How to make it
- In medium bowl, combine apricots, peaches, cranberries and liqueur.
- Stir with wooden spoon to coat fruit and liqueur.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set aside at least 2 hours stirring mixture from time to time.
- In large saucepan combine wild rice, 3-3/4 cups broth and salt.
- Bring to boil on medium high heat then cover and reduce to simmer on low heat.
- Cook 55 minutes then set pan aside covered to cool.
- Meanwhile in large saucepan combine long grain rice, remaining broth and salt.
- Bring to boil on high heat then cover and reduce heat to low and cook 15 minutes.
- Set pot aside covered to cool.
- Drain fruits in fine strainer set over mixing bowl.
- Press fruits with back of wooden spoon to extract liqueur then reserve liquid for vinaigrette.
- In large glass salad bowl combine two varieties of rice, fruit and chervil then set aside.
- To reserved liqueur add vinegar and salt then stir until salt dissolves.
- Add oil, mustard and several turns of pepper then whisk until ingredients are blended.
- In small bowl crush raspberries with fork then add to vinaigrette mixture and stir gently.
- Pour vinaigrette over rice salad and toss to combine.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Cover lightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours then toss again before serving.
- Serve well chilled.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!