Eggs With Clam SauceFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 4 strips bacon shopping list
- 7 ounce can chopped clams shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot shopping list
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 8 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- cherry tomatoes shopping list
How to make it
- Fry bacon in large frying pan until crisp then allow to cool and crumble then set aside.
- Keep 2 tablespoons bacon dripping in pan.
- Meanwhile drain clams reserving a little more than 1/2 cup of the clam liquid in small bowl.
- Reheat frying pan and add carrots then cook stirring until carrots begin to soften.
- Add remaining vegetables and cook until tender.
- Stir cornstarch into 1/2 cup of the reserved clam juice and add to the frying pan.
- Stir until clear and thickened adding clams to warm as well.
- Keep warm until eggs are ready.
- To scramble the eggs whisk them with salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon clam juice.
- Melt butter in frying pan then cook eggs slowly lifting from beat just until eggs are soft set.
- Present on a warmed platter with clam sauce poured over eggs.
- Crumble bacon on top then place halved tomatoes around edges.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!