Ameliaa Lebanese String BeansFrom yardsailor 7 years ago
- 3 chopped onions shopping list
- 3/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs green beans washed and stemmed shopping list
- 5 sliced potatoes peeled or unpeeled your choice shopping list
- cumin shopping list
- allspice shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- large can whole tomatoes in juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup water, or maybe a bit more shopping list
How to make it
- I do these in a large deep covered pan
- Wash and stem beans, fry the chopped onion in the oil until light brown.
- Add the green beans to onions and stir.
- Now add salt and pepper to taste, tablespoon of cumin, can be whole or ground, a tablespoon of allspice, Stir and let mingle for a few minutes.
- Add can of whole tomatoes with juice, smush the tomatoes up a bit, add the 1/2 cup of water.
- Now layer the potatoes on top, repeat with the seasonings on each layer, not another tablespoon of the cumin and allspice, just sprinkle across the top of each layer.
- It might need a little more water at this point, just so the potatoes are covered.
- Put the lid on the pan and simmer till done, fork test the potatoes after twenty minutes.
- Then mix it all up and put it in a pretty bowl. Enjoy