Italian Baked LasagnaFrom rae760 8 years ago
- 9 Lasagna pasta noodles, cooked shopping list
- 2-16 oz. jars meatless sauce (any flavor) shopping list
- 1 lb. ricotta cheese shopping list
- ½ Cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 lb. mozzarella cheese, grated shopping list
- 3/4 Cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 2 lb. italian sausage shopping list
- 1 tsp. oregano shopping list
How to make it
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions or until tender but still firm. Drain, keep warm.
- Meanwhile, saute the sausage, and onion in a large heavy skillet or saucepan until sausage is done. Add sauce, salt, and mix well. Simmer on low heat 12 to 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, ricotta cheese, and oregano.
- Grease a 15" x 12" or larger, deep sided baking pan.
- Arrange a first layer of noodles across the pan so the ends hang over the sides. (The ends will be laid back-over the top for the final layer. This helps to hold lasagna together when cutting servings) Then add a layer of the cooked sausage lasagna sauce, ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Add a second alternating layer of pasta (lengthwise in the pan), the meat sauce and cheese mixture.
- Repeat until pan is almost full then fold over the ends of the first layer of noodles and top with more lasagna sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes, or till cheese is bubbly.
The Cookrae760 Twentynine Palms, CA
The Rating3 people
This is a kick butt recipe.. I made 2 pans as we had mega company.. This is a keeper..as it is fast to do... Hint for birdy... process your ricotta cheese till smooth... I do that because my husband is the same way..linebb956 in La Feria loved it