Hawaiian Haupia CakeFrom scrappinjen 6 years ago
- 1 box white cake mix shopping list
- 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring shopping list
- 2 c coconut milk shopping list
- 1/2 c sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 c water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or coconut flavorinf( I used coconut) shopping list
How to make it
- Make the cake as directed on box adding 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- After cake has cooked and while it is cooling, mix coconut milk, sugar, salt, cornstarch, water, and flavoring.
- Stir over med- high heat, stirring constantly until thickens.
- Set aside to cool till warm.
- While cooling use something like a chopstick to poke holes all in the top of the cake
- Take about a 1/2 c warm mix and spoon over top of cake. Let rest cool completely
- Ice cake with cooled mix.
The Cookscrappinjen Alto, TX
The Rating5 people
Sounds great, Jen!! ^ ^ ^ ^ ^5 !!lanacountry in Macon loved it
wonderful - I like the sound of this one!jett2whit in Union City loved it
I made this the other night. I only got to try 1 tiny piece before my family devoured it! Yummy.
I made way too much of the sauce mix though.. any idea's what I can do with the leftovers?aeiouys in Thunder Bay loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!