My Daughters Favorite Spicy Breaded Chicken BreastsFrom darbar 7 years ago
- spice rub: shopping list
- 1 tsp. onion powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. paprika shopping list
- 1 tsp. white pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. cumin shopping list
- 2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 tsp. turmeric shopping list
- 1 tsp. garlic salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. Crushed black pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- ******* shopping list
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs (try not to use “regular” bread crumbs) shopping list
- 1 organic egg shopping list
- water shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all of the spice rub ingredients together with the flour in a medium bowl. Mix thoroughly with a whisk. Pour the newly mixed contents into a large gallon-size freezer bag.
- In a separate shallow bowl, break the egg and beat it up, add a splash or two of water and mix thoroughly. Put the Panko bread crumbs in another shallow bowl.
- Put the four chicken breasts in the bag and shake and mix around until they are all coated with the flour/spice mixture.
- One at a time dip the floured and spiced breasts into the egg wash, making sure to coat all sides, then into the Panko bread crumbs. Set aside and repeat until they are all breaded.
- Spray the wire grill of a shallow oven baking pan with cooking spray and place the chicken breasts on the grill in the pan. Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until cooked through. The center of the breasts should be 165-170 degrees and the crumbs should be starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and serve with the sides of your choice. I like to serve with mashed potatoes or rice and a vegetable like aparagus, corn or steamed buttered carrots.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookdarbar Glen Ellyn, IL
The Rating5 people
Sounds yummy! Will try soon!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
Well we have to try this, my daughter loves spicy food!!mango in Marion loved it
Mmmmmm...going to have to try this one out on the hubs! I'm sure he'd love the spices - there are a lot of great flavors going on in this one! Thanks for sharing! - Nataliefizzle3nat in Waterville loved it