Walnut SaladFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 3/4 cup walnuts coarsely chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons champagne vinegar shopping list
- 1 shallot minced shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 5 cups green leaf, red leaf or other leaf lettuce or a mixture shopping list
How to make it
- In small fry pan over low heat toast walnuts shaking pan often for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In large bowl whisk walnut oil, vinegar, shallot, salt and pepper.
- Tear lettuce leaves into bite size pieces and add them to bowl.
- Using tongs toss gently to coat lettuce well with dressing.
- Arrange salad on a platter and sprinkle with toasted walnuts.