My Home Town Greek OmeletFrom crainny 8 years ago
- 4-6 eggs shopping list
- 1 sweet onion, such as Vidalia, or yellow shopping list
- 1-2 red bell pepper or mix halves of different colored peppers shopping list
- 3-4 medium tomatoes. They have to be ripe! shopping list
- Fresh flat leaf parsley shopping list
- coarse salt, black pepper shopping list
- few pinches of flour shopping list
- pinch of sugar shopping list
- cooking oil shopping list
- shredded Parmesan (for cheese addicts, optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Slice all veggies in uniform way
- Whisk the eggs with a bit of salt, black pepper, and a pinch of sugar.
- Add some flour and whisk well, avoid forming lumps. Don't overdo flour. Eggs should still be liquid.
- Heat the cooking oil in a thick bottom skillet. Swish around to moisten the sides.
- Saute onions and bell peppers first until onions are very fragrant and translucent.
- Toss in tomatoes and saute for 1-2 minutes, until slightly wilted.
- Add salt, pepper and fresh parsley, finely chopped.
- Reduce heat to medium/low and pour the eggs over veggies.
- Immediately cover and let the eggs rise slowly over the next 4-5 min.
- Open, sprinkle Parmesan over the eggs. Cover and cook for another 2 minutes or so.
- Remove from heat and let stand for a couple of minutes without opening
- Slice like pizza and serve.
The Cookcrainny Prattville, AL
The Rating5 people
YUMM! and TQ, Maretheiris in Garden City loved it
So delicious - I could have a few slices of this wonderful "pizza"elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Very nice. Sounds quite tasty. Those Greeks... They love stealing recipes and making them their own... LOL They stole our Baklawa recipe...;-)~
Hope Greek Girl isnt listening....LOL High 5 Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!