Ground Venison MeatloafFrom chefelaine 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds ground venison shopping list
- 3/4 pound ground pork shopping list
- 1/2 cup soft fresh bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup plum jam, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons bourbon shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over low heat. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to large bowl. and cool to room temperature.
- Add venison, pork, bread crumbs, milk. salt, sage, allspice, pepper, jam, bourbon and egg;
- mix well to combine.
- Transfer mixture to prepared loaf pan.
- Pack down and smooth top.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour or until firm and cooked through.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan.
- Carefully drain. Invert loaf onto serving platter.
- Serve hot, at room temperature or chilled.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating25 people
sent this to 6 people..great recipe ^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
All right! ...A venison connoiseur! I will try this recipe this winter. The hunters always give me some venison to thank us for letting them hunt on our land. you might like to check out my venison recipes.dynie in Marietta loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!