Warm Lentil Salad VeganFrom anatunez 6 years ago
- 3 c lentils (green or brown - not the coral ones which become too mushy) shopping list
- 3 large carrots shopping list
- Dijon mustard shopping list
- apple cider vinegar shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- flat leaf parsley shopping list
- salt pepper shopping list
- (optional : 4 "5-minute" eggs and thick bacon) shopping list
- (optional garnishes - tomato slices, olives...) shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse lentils put into a big pot, cover with unsalted water and boil along with the peeled (but NOTcut) carrots
- when the carrots are cooked, turn off heat and slice the carrot back into the lentils.
- Let cool
- make a very mustardy vinaigrette (olive oil, mustard and apple cider vinegar) and toss it inot the now warm lentils
- salt and pepper to taste
- garnish with flat leaf parsley
- Optional : garnish with quartered "5-minute" eggs (runny hard-boiled)
- For meat eaters : sautée a bit of thick-cut bacon and crumble or chop into the salad.
- Bon appétit!