Carrot Cupcakes with cream cheese icingFrom crestonchicky 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups finely shredded carrots (about 4) shopping list
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped fine, toasted lightly, and cooled shopping list
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted lightly and cooled shopping list
- Icing: shopping list
- 1/2 cup (about 4 ounces) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, shopping list
- softened 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar shopping list
How to make it
- To make the cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 12 (1/2-cup) muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. In another bowl, whisk together oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla and with a wooden spoon beat in flour mixture until well combined. Add carrots, walnuts, and coconut, stirring until just combined.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full with batter (there will be enough batter remaining to make 4 more cupcakes) and bake in middle of oven until a tester comes out clean, about 18 minutes.
- Turn cupcakes out onto a rack and cool completely. Muffin tins may be used again immediately for the remaining cupcake batter. Cupcakes may be made 2 days ahead and kept in airtight containers.
- To make the icing:
- In a bowl beat together icing ingredients until fluffy. Icing may be made 2 days ahead and chilled in an airtight container. Soften icing at room temperature to spreading consistency. Spread icing on cupcakes.
The Cookcrestonchicky Creston, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!