Chewy Granola BarsFrom jones2888 8 years ago
- 3 cups purchased all-natural granola shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped dates shopping list
- 1 cup corn squares cereal (such as Healthy Valley corn Crunch-ems), lightly crushed shopping list
- 1/2 cup high-fiber cereal (such as All-Bran) shopping list
- 5 T unsalted butter, cut into 5 pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1/4 t. salt shopping list
- 2 large egg whites shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan. Line with an 8-inch-wide and 12-inch-long strip of parchment, letting excess hang over the sides. Grease parchment.
- Combine granola, raisins, dates, corn and high-fiber cereals in bowl. Mix well.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, honey and salt in a 2-cup glass measuring cup.
- Microwave for 1 minute on high. Stir.
- Microwave 30 seconds more or until mixture is hot. Stir until smooth.
- Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture. Stir with wooden spoon until dry ingredients are coated. Add egg whites. Stir until thoroughly blended. Scrape mixture in to prepared pan. Compact with spatula.
- Bake 20 minutes or until set in center.
- Transfer pan to a rack. Cool completely.
- Cover with foil. Refrigerate overnight to set.
- Pull mixture out of pan by grasping paper. Cut into squares.
- Per Square: 193 cals; 3 g protein; 37 g carbs.; 3 g fiber; 5 g fat (2 g sat.); 10 mg cholesterol; 76 mg sodium
The Cookjones2888 Columbus, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!