Sopa de LimonFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 12 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 sprig fresh mint shopping list
- 8 allspice berries shopping list
- 15 black peppercorns shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick shopping list
- 5 whole cloves shopping list
- 6 cumin seeds shopping list
- 2 small garlic heads halved horizontally shopping list
- 2 small yellow onions peeled and halved shopping list
- 2 whole chicken breasts skin and bone left on shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 fresh habanero hot chile pepper whole shopping list
- 3 lemons cut into eighths shopping list
- 2 large ripe tomatoes peeled seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 lemon sliced paper thin shopping list
How to make it
- In a large nonreactive soup kettle bring the stock, mint, allspice, peppercorns, cinnamon, cloves, cumin, garlic and onions to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add chicken breasts, cilantro, whole chile pepper and the cut lemons then continue to simmer until the chicken is cooked approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken and let cool.
- Skim soup and strain into a clean kettle.
- Return soup to the heat and continue cooking over low heat.
- When chicken is cool remove the skin and bones and shred.
- Add shredded chicken and chopped tomato to the soup and bring to a boil.
- Add salt then pour soup in a warm tureen and float the lemon slices on top.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!