Cream Cheese BallFrom fizzle3nat 7 years ago
- 2 - 8oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened (I'm kind of a brand-name snob with this recipe and only use Philadelphia cream cheese) shopping list
- 1 - 8-9 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained well shopping list
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup minced green pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsp. minced onion shopping list
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt (I go brand-name on this too, and use Johnny's) shopping list
- Chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Mix cream cheese together with remaining ingredients except for pecans. Scoop mixture together into a rough ball shape; cover and chill for three hours to let flavors mingle and for the mixture to set up a bit.
- When ready to serve, shape cheese mixture into a ball shape and roll in chopped pecans. Serve with crackers.
- * This can be formed into a log as well. You can also customize this to your tastes. Some suggestions: add a few drops Tabasco for a little heat or sprinkle in 1/8 - 1/4 tsp. garlic powder or substitute roasted red pepper for the green pepper or add some minced ham. You can also roll the ball in chopped almonds (smoked almonds might be good), chopped fresh parsley, or chopped thin-sliced beef.