Rhumbaba Polish Rum CakesFrom tippystclair 8 years ago
- For the raisins: shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 cup dark rum shopping list
- For the dough: shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, softened (plus 2 tbsp melted to coat the moulds) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp active dried yeast, mixed with 1 Tbsp warm water shopping list
- 1 cup and 2 Tbsp flour shopping list
- 1 Tbsp sugar shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 2 whole eggs shopping list
- For the syrup: shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 lemon zest shopping list
- 1 Tbsp orange zest shopping list
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract shopping list
- Garnish: shopping list
- whipped cream shopping list
- fresh fruit shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add raisins to rum and allow them to plump while you prepare the dough.
- Make a well in the flour.
- Add the sugar, pinch of salt, one of the eggs and the yeast mixture. Mix well with wooden spoon until the ingredients are well combined. Add the other egg and mix it in.
- Add the softened butter and work the dough until it is elastic.
- Add in the drained raisins, making sure to reserve the rum.
- Brush the insides of 8 small, high savarin molds.
- Use a piping bag and divide the dough equally among them (using a piping bag will simplify things, as the dough can be quite sticky).
- Leave the filled savarin mold in a warm place until the dough has risen to fill the molds.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- When finished baking turn out the babas and allow to cool completely on a rack.
- In a medium saucepan, combine all of the syrup ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Remove from the heat and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Add the rum that was use to soak the raisins.
- Strain and discard the solids.
- Cover to keep warm for soaking the baba.
- To finish the babas:
- Dip the babas into the syrup and leave them submerged until no more air bubbles are released.
- Drain and place on a wire rack resting over a dish.
- When they have cooled slightly, place them on a dish with the remaining rum.
- As the rum syrup drais in the dish, spoon it back over the babas.
- To serve:
- Serve topped with whipped cream and fresh fruit.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!