Worlds Best Cornbread StuffingFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1 package herb stuffing mix shopping list
- 1 package cornbread stuffing mix shopping list
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups celery finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sage shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1 egg beaten shopping list
- 2 cups boiling water shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 1/4 cup margarine in skillet.
- Sauté chopped celery and onion over medium heat until tender (clear, but not brown).
- Add 1/4 cup boiling water to help it cook without browning.
- Combine stuffing mixes in large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine, beaten egg, cooked celery and onion, parsley and sage.
- Mix lightly and well, adding 1 1/2 cups boiling water a little at a time until moist.