Candy Coated Carmel ApplesFrom lincolntoot 7 years ago
- 12 firm ripe apples (Gala or Red Delicious) shopping list
- 16 ounces caramels, unwrapped shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cashews or pecans shopping list
- 6 ounces chocolate candy coating (preferably dark chocolate), cut into pieces shopping list
- 4 ounces white confectionery coating, cut into pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Line cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Insert 12 caramel apple sticks about 2 inches into stem ends of apples.
- Melt caramels in top of double boiler, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Roll apples in caramel until coated half to two-thirds up sides. Sprinkle with chopped nuts. Place on waxed paper and let stand until firm.
- Place chocolate coating in microwave safe dish and microwave at medium power.
- Stir at 30 second intervals until melted and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Use a spoon to drizzle chocolate on apples so chocolate runs down sides but doesn't completely cover caramel and nuts.
- Allow to harden before repeating process with white confectionery coating, drizzling over apples to allow some caramel and chocolate to show.
- Sprinkle with additional nuts.