Lasagne With A ZFrom zoetheunicorn 8 years ago
- 500 g beef mince shopping list
- 1 onion, minced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 big carrot, minced shopping list
- 1 big stick celery, minced shopping list
- 2 cans tomato puree shopping list
- few shakes dried basil, oregano etc shopping list
- 1/3 cup cornflour shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 100g grated cheddar shopping list
- 1 packet fresh lasagne sheets shopping list
- grated mozzarella to sprinkle shopping list
How to make it
- Spray a big ol pot with cooking spray. add the mince, onion and garlic. Cook till brown then drain the fat.
- Add carrot and celery to the mince and cook another 4 minutes or so. Add the tomato puree and herbs. Bring to the boil and then simmer, uncovered while you make the white sauce.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cornflour with a little milk to make a paste. Add the rest of the milk and nutmeg and heat till it boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheddar.
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Spread a small amount of the white sauce on the bottom of your lasagne dish. Cover with one layer of lasagne sheets, then meat, then white sauce and more lasagne sheets. Repeat till you have no more stuff left (i get about 3 layers) finishing with a layer of white. Sprinkle with mozzarella and bake for about 20 minutes, till the top is just brown.
- Serve with salad.
- ** to chop the veggies, i just pulse them a few times in the food processor (separately)
The Cookzoetheunicorn Hastings, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!