Southern Strawberry Shortcake Made With BiscuitsFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 3 pints strawberries washed drained and capped reserve whole strawberries for garnish shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- 1/3 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 egg well beaten shopping list
- sugar for tops of biscuits shopping list
How to make it
- Slice strawberries and stir in 1/4 cup sugar then set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and 1/3 cup sugar.
- Work butter into flour mixture with fingertips as you would for pie crust.
- Mix baking soda with buttermilk then add buttermilk mixture and egg to flour mixture then blend lightly.
- Place dough on a floured board and knead lightly then roll out 3/4" thick.
- Cut into 2-1/2” rounds and place on a well greased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle lightly with sugar then bake at 450 for 12 minutes.
- To assemble shortcake split warm biscuits in two and butter them.
- Place sweetened sliced strawberries between halves and on top of biscuit.
- Top with whipped cream then garnish with whole strawberries.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!