Country Fried SteakFrom fluttergirl 7 years ago
How to make it
- Trim fat from meat and cut into 4 equal serving pieces.
- Pound steak with a mallet to tenderize it.
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow, wide bowl and dredge each piece of meat in it, coating well on both sides.
- Heat fat until hot but not smoking in a large, heavy skillet with a lid.
- Brown the steaks on both sides,turn heat down a bit, cover and let steak fry like chicken for 15 minutes, until done.
- Leave drippings and all the browned flecks of crust in the pan.
- Turn the heat a bit lower, sprinkle remaining flour into the drippings and stir to keep from lumping until it browns slightly.
- Slowly add milk, stirring. Let it cook over low heat until thick,about 3 to 5 minutes. Taste and add salt & pepper if needed.
- Serve steaks with gravy on top!
- EAT UP!