Wild Rice CasseroleFrom kytigger 6 years ago
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 3 tablespoon chopped green onion shopping list
- 3 tablespoon margarine shopping list
- 2 pkgs minute long grain & wild rice shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups chicken brooth shopping list
- 2 cups whipping cream shopping list
- 1 cup dried tart red cherries or chopped dried appricots shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook and stir mushrooms and onion in margarine in a large saucepan for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Stir in rice seasoning packets, broth, whipping cream, cherries, 3/4 cup pecans and salt.
- Mix well.
- Spoon into a greased 3 quart casserole and cover.
- Bake 50 minutes or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chopped pecans.
- Continue baking 10-15 minutes or until pecans are toasted.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
The Cookkytigger Louisville, KY
The Rating4 people
I would love this with a pork loin roast!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
Fantastic! I agree, be a great side for poached Salmon.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
I would recommend this Wild Rice Casserole with a poached Salmon and a side of mango chutney!
Michaeltrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!