Oysters Rockefeller SoupFrom chef2 7 years ago
- oysters Rockefeller Soup shopping list
- Servings: 12 shopping list
- 5 celery stalks shopping list
- 2 large white onions shopping list
- 3 cups thinly sliced green onions shopping list
- 3 cups spinach shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- 1 garlic clove shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups fresh oysters shopping list
- chicken stock, as needed shopping list
- 3/4 cup Pernod (French anise-flavored cordial) shopping list
- 6 cups whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Peel the onions and finely chop the onions, celery, spinach, and parsley. Peel and mince the garlic. Crush the dried oregano.
- Heat the butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. When the butter starts to foam, add the celery, white onions, and bay leaf. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Reduce the heat to low. Add the spinach, green onions, and parsley. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the bay leaf.
- Add the garlic, thyme, oregano, salt, and peppers. Cook, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, and scraping the sides and bottom of the pan.
- Drain the oysters, reserving the liquid. Add enough chicken stock to the oyster liquid, if necessary, to make 1 cup total. Set aside.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and carefully add the Pernod to the vegetable mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the oyster and stock liquid mixture, and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. Let cool slightly. Transfer the vegetable mixture to a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process to a smooth consistency.
- Return the mixture to the Dutch oven. Stir in the whipping cream and cook over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through, whisking occasionally. Add the oysters and cook for about 5 minutes or until the oyster edges curl. Serve immediately.