Salty Oats CookiesFrom charrm1 7 years ago
- 1 3/4 cups 12 grains flour or all purpose flour OR shopping list
- (FOR A gluten-FREE VERSION - Use 1 3/4 cups of gluten-FREE flour instead) shopping list
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, chilled shopping list
- 1 cup of brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup white sugar OR shopping list
- (FOR DIABETICS - Use a sugar substitute: 3/4 cup Splenda brown sugar and 1/4 cup Splenda White sugar) shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups rolled oats shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional) shopping list
- sea salt (use larger grains than table salt if you have it or fleur de sel de mer) for sprinkling on top. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line three large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Put the flour in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream butter for 60 seconds to soften. Add white and brown sugars or sugar substitutes, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Cream until mixture is very well blended. Add in eggs, one at a time, followed by vanilla extract.
- With a hand mixer on low speed, beat in the flour mixture gradually. Stir in oats and raisins (optional).
- Drop dough, measuring with 1/4 dry measure, on to prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle cookies with large grains of sea salt , giving each cookie a light, even coating.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before eating or storing. Yield: 15 large cookies.