Bacon Ham and Swiss Cheese QuicheFrom chefelaine 5 years ago
- 6 strips of lean bacon shopping list
- 1 cup chopped peeled onion shopping list
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced cooked ham shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cook bacon in a medium skillet until crisp.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towels; crumble.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon of fat from skillet.
- Sauté onion over medium-high heat until tender, about 4 minutes; set aside.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon on the bottom of unbaked pie crust.
- Top with onion and cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cream, eggs, salt, nutmeg and pepper until well blended.
- Stir in ham.
- Pour into pie crust and bake for 30 minutes, or until center is set.
- Adding some chopped young spinach leaves to this quiche makes it an extra-tasty, and extra-HEALTHY meal!
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating8 people
Quiche is one of my favourites! Thanks, Chef. you have five from me! :)kitchenhappy1 in Toronto loved it
Laine.. GREAT job, LOVE it!! :)
55555lanacountry in Macon loved it
I could dig right in it, Chef!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!