Sweet potato soup with apples and clovesFrom charrm1 5 years ago
- 1 leek, white part only, chopped shopping list
- 3 tbsps butter shopping list
- 1 apple, peeled and cored and cut into pieces shopping list
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken stock shopping list
- 5 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ground clove shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- apple slices, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, soften leek in butter.
- Add apples and sweet potatoes.
- Deglaze with white wine or stock.
- Add 5 cups of stock and clove. Cover and simmer until sweet potatoes are cooked about 20 minutes.
- Process in the food processor or blender (careful as the mixture is very hot!). Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with slices of apple.