Arugula Salad with Smoked Duck Breast Cherries and HazelnutsFrom jaeleepoms 9 years ago
- 2 large handfuls arugula, rinsed and well dried, roughly chopped or torn shopping list
- 2 tbsp hazelnut oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/4 cup dried cherries shopping list
- 1-2 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1 smoked duck breast, cold, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, roasted and roughly chopped shopping list
- 2 ounces very sharp, good aged cheddar shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse the arugula and dry well, roughly chop or tear. Place the dried arugula in a bowl and set aside.
- Place the hazelnut oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, and cherries in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir with a whisk until warm (not boiling - 3 minutes or so). Pour over the arugula, sprinkle with a little salt, and toss to coat.
- Place the arugula on a plate and top with the duck slices (you can remove the duck fat beforehand and save for another purpose). With a vegetable peeler, peel thin slices of the cheddar over the salad. Top with the chopped hazelnuts and a little extra dressing, adding any cherries to the plate that did not cling to the greens. Sprinkle everything with a little sea salt.