Stove Top Eggplant ParmesanFrom pfanderson 5 years ago
- 6 fresh baby eggplant shopping list
- 4 ounces sliced baby portabello mushrooms shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 2 green onion shopping list
- 1 tablespoon parmesan, grated shopping list
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning shopping list
- 4 ounces spaghetti or marinara sauce shopping list
- 1 ounce mozzarella shopping list
How to make it
- Slice off top and 1/4" of bottom of baby eggplants, discard.
- Slice baby eggplants 1/4 inch thick.
- Panfry in 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil until light browned, then flip and repeat on other side.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, sautée sliced baby portabello mushrooms in remaining tablespoon of butter.
- In medium saucepan, layer eggplant with mushrooms.
- Chop green onions over the layers.
- Sprinkle parmesan & italian seasoning over onions.
- Cover with sauce.
- Top with thin slices of mozzarella or cheese of choice. (I used yogurt cheese instead, because it melts faster.)
- Simmer in saucepan on medium heat with lid on until mixture starts to bubble.
- Remove lid and simmer until cheese is melted.